If you like to explore, here is a list of the best Honolulu hiking trails that we enjoy. Hiking in Honolulu is exhilarating, fresh clean air, sunshine and light tropical breezes.
- 1. Moana Falls Nature Hike, This is by far the most enjoyable and memorable 1.6 mile roundtrip hike here in Honolulu. Walking through a rainforest is located just 20 minutes away from Waikiki and downtown Honolulu, it’s a popular jungle hike suitable for the family available every day of the week.
- 2. Diamond Head State Park, The most iconic landmark in Honolulu. Diamond Head offers some of the most stunning views of Honolulu and the Pacific Ocean. You will hike on a trail that takes you along the edge of this volcanic crater.
- 3. Koko Head Crater, The Koko Head Crater hike is one of the most popular on Oahu, and while the Koko Head Stairs appear to be a relatively short hike, don’t be fooled. The relentless incline will take your breath away when you reach the top, and you’ll see what a physical challenge is popular with locals and tourists alike.
- 4. Makapuu lighthouse trail, This amazing trail winds along the Kaiwi State Scenic Coast and offers great views of O’ahu’s southeastern shoreline.. From the hiking trail destination at Makapu’u Head, you will be rewarded with wonderful views of the windward coast and islets, as well as the historic 1909 Makapu’u Lighthouse.
- 5. Waimano Falls Trail, This 2.9 mile hiking trail is located near Pearl City, just west of Honolulu. This path is primarily used for hiking and is accessible throughout the year. There is a beautiful waterfall that falls into another small waterfall that is about the size of a small pool. In addition, there is another waterfall with a deeper pool and areas where you can jump in.