In Hawaii, afternoons are ideal for relaxing on a tropical turtle snorkeling excursion. There is no better way to spend a relaxing afternoon than snorkeling at Waikiki with friends and family. Our snorkeling with turtles spot in Waikiki is just minutes away from the Kewalo Basin boat harbor. The playful dolphins of Waikiki frequently accompany us on our journey to the Turtle Canyon reef. There is no need to bring anything other than a personal towel aboard the Stugots because we have all of the necessary snorkeling equipment.
- Honolulu Snorkeling tours – Private 36′ boat exclusively for your group, offering daily boat charters at 09:30 am and 01:30 pm.
- Kahala Kai Catamaran – Offering afternoon group snorkeling tours at Turtle canyon reef for up to 28 guests.
- Rainbow SCUBA Hawaii – Although they are really a SCUBA company they also have amazing private boat tours for up to 6 passengers.
- Waikiki beach catamarans – basically a beach cat but they are currently taking guests to Turtle canyon hourly.
- Hanauma bay snorkeling – Well its just outside of Honolulu but not far. Recommended for those not interested in boat charters.
Waikiki Snorkeling Turtle Canyon Reef
The Turtle Canyon reef near Waikiki is well known for viewing massive Hawaiian green sea turtles. Every afternoon, we take our guests to the reef for incredible interactions with some of Hawaii’s largest turtles. A mooring we erected just past the surf line is just over the turtle cleaning station, allowing for intimate interactions. The marine life on Waikiki’s Turtle Canyon reef is also flourishing with massive schools of black trigger fish.
If crystal clear water is what you crave, Waikiki’s Turtle Canyon reef is the best location in Honolulu.